Tuesday 29 May 2012

A Very Pixar Wedding

Huge news this week. So huge that I have to flip on the Caps Lock...

I GOT MARRIED!



As you would expect, there were plenty of film references dotted throughout the wedding. My Best Man took great pleasure in telling the guests that I sobbed my way through Titanic back in 1997. He even did a shout-out to the Big Fairbanski website, which earned him even more kudos.

Best of all, our wedding cake was a tribute to the greatest cinematic love story of all time. After rejecting Jack and Rose, Aragorn and Arwen and even Han and Leia, we settled on our all-time favourite Pixar couple: WALL.E and EVE!

The cake toppers were designed by Dawn Butler, the genius behind Dinkydoodle Designs. Her bespoke celebration cake website can be viewed here. I'm sure you'll agree, she did a fantastic job. Look how cute WALL.E and EVE look in their top-hat and veil.

And just like a Pixar film, the wedding was beautiful, magical, feel-good and full of tears & laughter. In fact, the only thing it was missing was a John Ratzenberger cameo.

Best. Day. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment